Why Choose Kc Kombucha?
Good things come to those who wait, and it's now time for you to enjoy the delicious taste of our NZ-made kombucha! Traditionally brewed and fermented, and in three distinct flavours, come join us in redefining social drinking with a healthier alcohol-free alternative; Kc Kombucha!
WHAT IS KC KOMBUCHA?
It's not beer and nor does it taste like it (thankfully). Kc Kombucha is perfectly at home in bars, cafes, at the beach, on the deck, around the table and simply hanging out. Packaged in a beer-like bottle featuring some slick branding, you can drink it straight, in a glass, or as a mixer with your favourite tipple. It is:
- Traditionally brewed and fermented with a scoby & liquid starter
- Stored in the fridge
- A little sweet, a little tangy – still containing a little sugar, but not too much
- Free of added sweeteners or unnecessary additives
- Full bodied and full strength
- Contains less than 1% alcohol by volume
FEEL COMFORTABLE, LOOK GOOD
We wanted you to feel comfortable in any situation holding a bottle of or a glass containing one of our brews. We worked hard to achieve the perfect flavours, colours and just the right number of bubbles, so you can enjoy alcohol-free social drinking with your mates wherever and whenever you want.
We're mighty proud of the way Kc Kombucha has grown a firm footing in bars, cafes, pubs, clubs and homes throughout New Zealand - and it's ready to head to yours today! Our kombucha subscription deal is super popular (just saying...).
WOW Gail, your kombucha is the BEST I have ever drunk - thank you so very much for the special delivery.”
MONIQUE, CUSTOMER, AUCKLAND
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN PURCHASING KOMBUCHA
A traditionally brewed, fermented, raw, unpasteurised kombucha is the only way to truly benefit from the full spectrum of health benefits on offer. Here are a few things to look out for when purchasing a quality kombucha product:
- Stored in a fridge - an unpasteurised kombucha needs to be kept refrigerated.
- Sugar content - a traditionally brewed kombucha will have some sugar in it still, otherwise it will taste like vinegar. There should be no need for added sweeteners, natural or otherwise.
- Taste - a fermented kombucha will taste slightly tangy, slightly sweet, possibly a little sour, depending on your taste palette. It should not taste too sweet or too tangy. Also if the flavour tastes washed out, then the kombucha brew may have had water added before being bottled. Some companies do this to reduce the sugar content, but unfortunately it also reduces the health benefits.
- Probiotics - the probiotics appear naturally in a traditionally brewed kombucha, without needing to be added. You would not normally find them listed as ingredients on the bottle.
- Scoby - a scoby is the symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast. It is a cellulose mat that sits on top of the brew while the fermentation process takes place. This is where all the goodness comes from and you can sometimes find small versions of these on the top of the bottle that you open, although this happens rarely. More often what you will find, is a small amount of sediment that sits in the bottom of the bottle or ooglies (the stringy floaty bits) within the drink. All these things are evidence that a scoby was used in the process of making the drink.
- Benefits - if you are drinking kombucha every day, you should feel the benefits in some way.
You can be sure that all Kc Kombucha is traditionally brewed, stored in a fridge, contains a little sugar, but not too much, and has no added sweeteners or unnecessary additives. Kc Kombucha tastes as it should, is full bodied and full strength. You can rest assured that Kc Kombucha has no added probiotics, just what occur naturally as part of the brewing process. We always brew with a scoby, so you get all the benefits that you can, from each and every one of our Kc Kombucha bottles.